Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Words from Angela

Hello, My name is Angela. I have been a surgical technologist (surg-tech) for 6 years now , I externed in the G.I. unit at a hospital while I was a surg-tech student, I found the G.I. system fascinating loved the doctors and the people, I went on to be the lead surg-tech in urology but I always looked for the chance to go back to the G.I. department. There was an opening which I took without hesitation. I then had the opportunity to join the Jacksonville Center for Endoscopy where I found my home, I love and respect the people I work with . I wanted to go into the medical field because I enjoy helping people, it was great to get to interact with my patients whereas when I was in the OR they were asleep when I saw them . This trip to Cambodia for me embodies all that I went into the medical profession to do and that is to help people who need it the most, I am a true believer that a smile a kind word and gesture of the same will heal. I am excited to start our adventure and I am excited to work hard to help the people of Cambodia.

No comments:

Post a Comment